Tuesday, April 10, 2012

far from home, all alone, but so happy.

lately i can only describe my motives in one word: wanderlust. kind of perfectly cheesy right? i don't know why but i continually have this overwhelming yearning to be on top of something- a hill, a mountain, a tree. this usually results in at least two impulse drives a day. {i think the greatest blessing in my life is a car, without it i would surely go insane}. i have been discovering the most interesting of places too. full of magic. i like these solitary little adventures, it gives me time to be alone with my music and my thoughts. but company would be lovely too sometimes, so if you ever want to join me, let me know. really do, because then i can go certain places i won't by myself. i guess i draw the line at darkening mountain filled with strange creatures and possibly strange humans}. 

and there i was driving one sunday, trying to get to the top of something, anything, so i stepped out of my car, looked up at a hill, looked at my shoes, then at the setting sun, sighed, got back in the car and drove home. i am going to miss these majestic canyons when i go home to florida in ten days. i wish i could stay a little longer and go camping. oh how i just long to go camping {and get lost in the woods}. {guess it will just have to wait for our family reunion in oregon this summer. goonies never say die}.

Herman Melville said it best: "I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote."












{locations: deer creek reservoir & provo canyon}
{cameras used: nikon d50, iphone}

while others are thinking about finals and focusing on studying, i am just sitting here looking at the remains of my orange wishing it would've lasted longer. {i don't have to study for ANY finals}. and as justin bieber plays in my apartment, i am sure glad that it is almost over, because i am not certain how much longer i can last without cracking. 

{title: an allusion to "from finner" by of monsters and men. they are trying to make it into my top 5, and they are doing a really good job of it}.


No comments: