Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a great Easter in the wonderful United States of America because Easter is basically non-existent here. We didn´t even sing one Easter hymn in church on Sunday! Sad. But we sang one later that night in an FHE so it´s okay haha. The Semana Santa craziness is over (thank goodness!) But the festivities continue for another week. (yay... :/ ) Tomorrow is called Bando de la Huerta (something specific to Murcia and apparently by the end of it everyone is drunk) and later there is some holiday with flowers and another one that involves the burning of a fish statue called Entierro de la Sardina. I haven´t been sending pics because I lost my camera charger so until I get a new one I´ll take pics from my comp. 

This week we had a cool primary activity. It was a bit unorganized and crazy but the idea was sweet. We missionaries went on splits with the primary children Saturday morning. They all wore little fake tags and their parents accompanied since they can´t be alone with us. Some went to appointments to rescue inactive children and invite them back to church and they others that couldn´t went and street contacted with the missionaries. It was sooo cute and they were all so excited to be missionaries for a few hours handing out cards and teaching people. We even got a new less active family to teach out of it :) 

On "Viernes Santo" this week (or holy Friday) all our lesson fell through and no one was out since everyone was busy with their holiday. We called and called and called people to try and find someone to teach. I racked my brain forever until finally I remembered last minute one less active man named Jose Maria who has come to church for the first time a couple weeks ago. We hadn´t met with him yet since he lives alone and seemed a little odd. We called him and went to go meet with him in a park. He talked to us about his past and why he was inactive but how we wanted to return. It was such a tender mercy to get to know him. He was so kind and genuinely desirous to change. He is very lonely and I know that our visit made a huge difference to him. I am so grateful our plans fell through. If not we never would have been able to help him. It strengthened both our testimonies and his. God works in mysterious ways and I love it. 

Juan and Maricarmen get married this Thursday so we will go! After that he should get baptized if he´ll commit to the date. Valeria went to the temple for the first time this week and has almost everything done for her mission papers! Mari wasn´t able to go to church this Sunday so her date will be pushed back a little more. But everything is good and I am happy to be here with all of these wonderful people. 

Have a wonderful week everyone. It´s weird to think that just this time last year I was in the MTC in Provo celebrating Easter. I know Christ lives and is our Savior and will be forever grateful!

Love you all!

Hermana Thompson

photo- Hna Cerna and I a few weeks ago with Veronica, the best and strongest recent convert I have ever met :D

 

Andrea's mission photos

No comments: