Monday, June 17, 2013

1st Week of Training!

¡Buenas Tardes!

Well I don´t have much time today because earlier we had a zone pday of futbol (i just watched of course) and we still have to make it back to Benidorm. But first of all training is not as hard as I thought it would be! And something weird has happened...I actually want to speak only in Spanish all the time. So that´s how we know that prayer works. Spanish and I are more or less friends right now and I feel pretty comfortable with speaking and understanding. I know I could train by myself if Hermana Martín left so I don´t think she´ll be sticking around for much longer. President said for sure she is leaving after this transfer but it might be sooner. Trios are difficult to navigate for sure but hopefully soon it will just get easier and easier like everything always does. It´s probably one reason why I´m training, the Lord never wants us to be comfortable because then we aren´t progressing. 

                                            
So, my new hija (trainee) is Hermana Brown! She is from the tri-cities area in Washington and is 21. But she also doesn´t speak very much Spanish at all so she never understands Hermana Martín and I when we speak, let alone the people we teach, poor thing. But I will try and help her and hopefully soon she will start to get the hang of it so she can teach with us. I loved getting to go back to the mission home and see missionaries, get training, and talk to the President and his wife (pictures are on the mission blog). And Pres Deere gave me a really great blessing too, he really is a wonderful mission president and always seems to remember everything about me- he often asks me about you dad :)

                                            
Felisa, our investigator who is getting baptized, has been out of town a lot so we moved her baptismal date to the 22nd, this Saturday! So pray for that! She is seriously the best, we love her. But she is so hard to get a hold of, like the rest of the world. It seems like everyone stands us up or ignores our phone calls. And we have a lot of work to do because we basically have no investigators right now. Especially since we just lost 3 investigators once they found out we couldn´t date them haha. 

So I am going to Málaga again to the mission home to pick up my residency card this Thursday so I will leave my 2 comps behind and get to see all the others from the group I came in with :) It´s a long bus ride, like 8 hours, but I love going back! Not much else has happened this week but thank you all for the birthday cards, emails, and packages! Tomorrow we have a district meeting so we will have a small birthday party and it´s one other sister´s b-day in my district as well on the same day! Also we are moving to a new apartment on the 1st of July so don´t send things to my current address if you don´t think they will get here on time. You can send stuff to the mission home in the meantime until I get my new address if you want :) But no worries because we are friends with the doorman anyway haha. 

Love you all!
Hermana Thompson

ps- i will send pictures later hopefully because the computer here isn´t reading my card :(

No comments: