Monday, June 10, 2013

2nd Transfer...and I´m TRAINING...

¡Buenas Días!

Soooo as you can tell from the title I am already training after being out in the field for 6 weeks. But I´m not totally alone so that is a comfort. Hermana Martín will be staying and we will be a trio. But President Deere told me I am the one to train the new sister. Hermana Johnson (my comp from the MTC) is training too (but alone) and 2 other sisters from my group as well. So out of the 12 or 14 sisters that I came with 4 of us are already training! It´s kind of overwhelming but I also know it´ll be just fine. My second week in the field Hermana Martín told President that I could train (I thought she was crazy) and has been teasing me about the possibility ever since...and now it came true haha. I also said I didn´t want another trio since I had one in Provo but here I am with both those things! Haha. It´s okay though and I´m excited for this new change! I head back to Málaga tomorrow alone to pick up my new comp and get some training while I´m there. It´s a lot of traveling and I don´t get back until Wed late at night so Hermana Martín will stay behind with someone else. We have rearranged everything to fit another sister which means that we took apart our beds and barely squeezed three mattresses side by side on the floor. But we are moving to a new piso in July so that is good news :) But from here on out more and more missionaries will be coming each transfer and President is working miracles to get them all trained. 

This week has been CRAZY! I thought I had seen most everything but Benidorm continues to surprise me. Yesterday we were in an area that was a combination of Las Vegas and Miami. Literally Babylon I´m convinced. And I´ve had some very awkward experiences as well but I won´t talk about those haha. My companion says they should only put ugly sisters in Benidorm. This week we tried our hardest to reach the mission standards of excellence and we got close but...just under. And we basically dropped almost all our investigators this week...all in preparation for our new comp I guess! Felisa (the girl from Africa) is scheduled for a baptism this Saturday the 15th so please pray for that! She is seriously the best and has such a great testimony already. She even brought a friend all the way from Alicante for us to teach. And the friend told us that she would travel every week (1 and 1/2 by tram) to come to church in Benidorm but we assured her that there is a church and Elders there for her haha. Such sweet people. They are both like, we don´t know anything and don´t understand everything but we will do everything we need to because it´s true. 

I LOVE THE RESTORATION! Seriously it´s my favorite lesson to teach. When we recite the first vision in Joseph Smith´s words the spirit is so strong every single time, testifying of the truth. We watched the Restoration video with Felisa in the chapel and during the whole this she was like, "that´s my question too! i want to know which church is true too!" (Oh and Dad, we watched it in French too!). That video always puts me in tears, I love it. Afterwards we testified of what we had taught but Felisa still wanted an answer for sure. I had been explaining how the spirit works and answers to prayer earlier but she still had questions. Felisa said the closing prayer and it was so sincere, humble, and beautiful. That put me in tears too. During her prayer I was praying too that she would receive an answer. Afterwards she told us that while she was praying she felt something good, as if someone was next to her. And I of course was like, that´s your answer! that´s your answer! She prayed again that night and felt the same thing. God answers prayers and I love it. The next time we met with her was when we were teaching her friend too and she told us how grateful she was for us and for showing her the right path. I love those moments. She even bore testimony to her friend of the Book of Mormon and how it helped her one night after feeling really bad. She´s the best. 

I´ve been contacting people more and talking a lot more as well so that´s been good progress. I feel like nothing has changed and then I look back and I´m already way different. Especially with Spanish. I feel like I can get by just fine for the most part, but of course I still have a long way to go. It´s amazing how much better I can speak and teach when I am confident and have the spirit. But when those two components are gone the rest goes out the window. So we´ll see how this whole training business goes. Make sure you pray for me on that one. Also, we haven´t been back to Javea yet to visit the family of the Lewis´. And since I´ll be in Málaga for two days we probably won´t be able to go until Saturday...but keep me updated through the Lewis family please!

Thanks for all your love, prayers, support, and letters! 
Hermana Thompson

ps- pictures!
1- oh you know just hanging out in the branch president´s office watching Mormon messages and making pizza in the chapel because our oven is the worst
2- in the coolest elevator you´ve ever seen (from the outside it´s much cooler, like a glass willy wonka prism)


3- a picture of the little tower from our hike last last week (just to remind you all that Spain is kinda pretty)


No comments: