Monday, September 8, 2014

2nd to last email! :O

As my time here in the mission is coming to an end it seems to get more and more difficult. In the sense that everyone talks to you about home and asks you about your plans and so it´s a constant battle to bring you mind back into focus and to keep the range of your emotions to a minimum. It´s all very strange and it barely seems real. My life for the past year and a half has been the mission and it´s hard to imagine that it will go on afterwards. I am excited, nervous, scared, happy, sad- a mixture that is hard to describe. I have been getting updates from the sisters from my group that have all gone home and they are all doing well so it puts my mind at ease (if not a little bit more Trunkey hahaha jk). 

This week we had my last zone meeting (weird) and I, along with 3 elders, had to give my "dying" testimony. Talk about hard. I have been thinking about the day I would have to do that in front of everyone with dread, but it wasn´t so bad after all and now it´s all over :) but it hit me even harder that this is real and it was kind of a sad day for me. I will share what I said in my testimony in my last email next week. 

Isi and Cloti are both doing really well. Isi has been working in the primary and Cloti has found her niche among some of the older ladies in the ward. Right now we need new investigators. We have been working mostly with less actives and found some new ones this week so that was one of our mini miracles. All of our plans continue to fall through so we are walking a lot lately. (As if I wasn´t tired enough haha, the last trial before I finish I suppose). 

Sunday, Jorge´s (the 2nd counselor) son got baptized, so us 4 missionaries did a musical number and it was a pretty baptismal service and made me think of Hailey and Nate since they have both gotten baptized during this year and a half. Time is seriously flying.

Well I love you all! Keep praying for me please! I´ll need it this week :) 

Hermana Thompson

ps- photos! 

me with my sister training leaders

Hermana Camacho

Hermana Cameron

DSCN5677

 DSCN5682

No comments: