Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Last Goonie Weekend in London

If you know me well you know that I love the movie "The Goonies", my sloth shirt can testify. And in the words of a very wise young man named Mikey:
Come on, guys. 
This is our last weekend together. 
Our last Goonie weekend. 
We gotta be going out in style.

SATURDAY, JUNE 4TH. DAY 39. 
It was Carolyn's birthday so of course I had to do something special to help her celebrate. I stayed up really late the night before after our dance party and went to Sainsbury's to get decorations and food along with Holly, Amberly, and Liz. And we were there so late we got locked in haha. I was always the last one to be up in the flat regularly so I just decided to wait until everyone was asleep to decorate her door and bathroom. And then I woke up early to make breakfast for the two of us. The menu featured omelettes, strawberries, a baguette, chocolate muffins, and orange juice. 

After that it was off to Portobello Road for one last Saturday looking for treasures in a sea of trinkets. And boy did I find treasures. I spent a lot of time there and money...I bought bracelets, two pairs of earrings, a watch, sunglasses, and two shirts. Someday I will do a post on all my purchases, until then. Carolyn wanted to have lunch at The Orangery in Kensington Gardens (one of my most favorite places in all of London). I was still sick at this point and had been downing cartons of orange juice, so the chamomile tea helped to sooth my throat. We fed the ducks at the pond (all by Amber's instruction) and then I am not sure what happened after that but I do know that we went to Nando's for dinner (a portuguese restaurant that specializes in chicken). The for dessert Amberly made a pazookie! mmmhmm. 


the birthday girl













me and amy aren't wearing tights...yeah we are just that white


SUNDAY, JUNE 5TH. DAY 40.
Our last Sunday in the portuguese ward. It was sad to leave the members and girls we met in the short time we had there. They were really sweet, strong, and friendly and I am glad we were able to meet them. After church me and Kiersten went to St. Paul's to listen to the organ recital. The inside of the cathedral was gorgeous. I snuck some pictures too, most are blurry because it was dark so I will only put up two. And that night we had a testimony meeting for our last time together as a group. 



No comments: