Monday, August 12, 2013

Cruzes y Angeles

Holita! 

We had a really good week. Like so good you guys. I don´t know how or why we are so lucky right now. Maybe it´s because Hermana Noriega is here or something, I´m not sure, but maybe the Lord just really loves her haha. Well Itzayana is scheduled to be baptized on the 22nd of this month (unless it needs to be changed). It´s tricky because the temple trip in on the 23rd and we have to make sure her membership record is in the computer system before she goes. Should be interesting...but she is seriously an INCREDIBLE 13 year old. Almost like a mini Joseph Smith. When we were teaching her I asked if she had prayed and gotten any answers about baptism or the Book of Mormon. I wasn´t expecting anything big but she proved me wrong. She said that she prays everytime before she opens up the BOM to have God guide her on where she should read and that before and during the baptism of Miguel that she was praying to know if she needed to get baptized too and she of course got the answer that, yes! you should get baptized! she also went on to say how all the other churches she went to don´t fill her like ours does. and hna Noriega and i are sitting there at the table like uhhhh...you said you´re 13 right? and her mom, Miri, also goes on to tell us all the miracles she has been having lately with almost everything in her life, big miracles too. We also taught them tithing on Friday, and guess what Miri did on Sunday? She paid tithing. Even after we explained that it isn´t needed until after you are baptized. We have two very converted investigators here in Benidorm and we couldn´t be more happy. They are seriously the absolutely most wonderful people I have had the privilege to teach, and meet for that matter. Miri also said we were torches of light for the world in her prayer. I mean, really, I am in love with her. They are also working on Young women´s personal progress! I can´t get over them.  

Oh I also had to give another talk on Sunday but this time I didn´t get the blessing of notice ahead of time. No, right before the sacrament was passed I was asked to give a 7 minute talk since the other person didn´t show up. And I´m sitting there like, come again? Cool. 7 minutes in Spanish without any topic or idea. Thanks. So I spoke about faith and I´m not sure how long I took but I`m pretty sure it was about 7 minutes. And I don´t think it went badly from what I know haha, but when I sat down in the back one of the members was like, so the only problem is I couldn´t hear you at all...yeah. And funnily enough all my dreams last night were members coming up to me and saying that they couldn´t hear my talk either. Those are my forms of nightmares here in the field, exciting right? Everyone´s on vacation no so the branch is even smaller so I wouldn´t be surprised if I have to give another one soon. The blessings of being the senior comp. Oh and someone in the branch who speaks Spanish as a second language told me I was speaking Spanish too fast to her and she can´t understand me! point! 

Last Pday we hiked up this mountain to a big cross overlooking the sea and Benidorm. It was incredibly breathtaking but we are also a bit crazy for hiking so far on what should be our day of rest. I don´t think I have ever been so tired or sweat so much in my life. It is so HOT here. So hot. It´s really hot. But at the end we were talking about how wonderful it would be if rained, just once. And guess what. It started sprinkling. Tender mercies do exist. Today we are attempting to go to a castle in one of the towns nearby so we´ll see if that works out. 

Well, love you all and keep praying for the work! 
Peace and Blessings,
Hermana Thompson

ps...
photos!
1. Miguel, Dagmar, and us at church. He is getting the priesthood and he bought a suit!


2 and 3. Pictures from at the top of the mountain where the cross is at!





No comments: