Thursday, May 26, 2011

Travel Week Day 5: Last Day in Dublin

SATURDAY, MAY 21ST. DAY 25.
For the last day of travel week we decided to hit up Dublin, give it a chance, and see if there was anything worthwhile after all. We met at 9, walked to the City Centre, looked in shops for souvenirs, were given free ice cream on the street, saw the grand opening of the first Disney store in Ireland (complete with Mickey and Minnie), saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, the Dublin Castle, the viking area, and the Dublin Palace. All day I had been on the quest to find rings all day and they were all like 20+ Euros and I didn't even see any I liked but then I found a wonderful man (let's call him miracle max) and he gave me three rings for 25 euros, truly made my day, and I loved them all. One claddagh and two celtic. After we were done we took a bus to the airport, took a plane to London, and took a train and a tube home to our lovely flat, and it really is home. Once back we caught up with everyone from our group and talked to them all about the wonderful places they visited during the travel week. Then I spent the rest of the day eating and blogging and uploading millions of pictures. THE END.



Song of the Day: Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson

No comments: